Below is the checklist for you before you leave for a vacation. I am sure everyone must be doing most of these things, but to be safer it is advisable to follow this list.
- Keep the dustbin out/empty the dustbin.
- Keep milk in freezer. Milk does not get spoiled in freezer even if it is not boiled. I keep milk bags as it is in freezer for even 2 weeks while on vacation.
- Clean the platform. You do not want to enter the messy kitchen when you are back from vacation.
- Water the plants if any
- Clear the fridge. Any items which may get spoiled and before your kitchen starts stinking, keep it clean.
- Switch off all the light and remove the plugs from the sockets. We don’t want short circuit while we are vacationing.
- Close all the water taps. We dont want to waste limited resource like water.
- Switch off the door bell.
- Inform maid not to come and take her contact number for emergency.
- Inform newspaper wala not to deliver newspaper
- Call milk man not to deliver milk.
- Inform other maid not to come like cook, baby malishwali etc
- Keep all footwear inside the main door.
- Latch all doors properly
- Make the list of things to carry beforehand so it is easy for packing at the last moment.
- Fill your car tank a day prior so that no last moment delays are caused if traveling by car. You cant predict strikes beforehand.
- Keep all your car documents including PUC ready in your car.
- Check in through web if going by flight a day in advance.
- Take prints of train/bus tickets though mobile tickets are valid.
- Charge your mobile and power bank fully.
- Keep slings/passport holder ready with basic documents and money.
- Keep change and loose currency for toll or coffee.
- Download songs, web series, movies to watch while on the way.
- Carry headphones.
- Carry sunglasses.
- Jackets/umbrella depending on the weather.
- Carry dustbin bags and old newspaper.
In case if I have missed anything, please let me know in the comments below.